This website contains affiliate links, where I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase a product or sign up for a service after clicking my link to it.. Workamper®, Workamper® News, and Workamper.com® are registered trademarks of Workamper News.
When we first started interviewing for Workamping jobs we really had no idea what we were doing. We were clueless as to what questions would be asked, what topics would be discussed and ultimately what questions we should ask, in order to make sure the job was a good fit for us.
After a few tests runs, we started to figure things out. It wasn’t long before we were in the driver’s seat, steering these Employer led conversations toward our own destinations.
So what questions should you ask during a Workamping interview?
The answer to this question lies within the details of what exactly you’re looking for in your next employment offer. If you just simply need a free site, your questions will be drastically different from someone looking for a wealth of recreation activities for their family, as we were.
Regardless of the specifics of your intentions, some questions are just good to ask future RV employers. We’ve compiled a list of the questions we usually ask future employers, which we’ve provided in no particular order below…
- What are the required dates for this position?
- What positions do you currently have open?
- What are the required job duties of this position?
- Do you have any positions for a solo worker?
- If hours need to be traded for site, are they the same for solo workers?
- What type of hookups are available?
- Is laundry available onsite?
- Can you describe a typical day?
- Do you provide a golf cart for Workampers®?
- How many employees do you have?
- How many Workampers® do you hire each season?
- How many return?
- What is the dress code? Are uniforms provided?
- Can you describe your business demographics?
- What is available in the surrounding area?
- Do your site offer a full bathhouse with hot showers?
- Are the employee sites mixed in with daily/monthly guests?
- Is cleaning bathrooms part of the job?
- Do you have organized employee activities?
- Can we use the park amenities on our days off?
- Can you provide a written work agreement?
- Do you have a schedule already in place?
- What days and times are required?
- Are there any on-call hours?
- Are opposite shifts available for couples?
- Can we have the same days off?
- Are same shifts available for couples?
- Are weekends and holiday shift mandatory?
- How many days before and after my employment dates can I occupy the site?
- Do you require a set number of hours in exchange for the site?
- How man-hours are required per person/per couple?
- Are additional hours, outside those required for site available for pay?
- What is the hourly wage you are offering?
- Is there a completion bonus?
- Do you pay travel reimbursement?
- What onsite amenities are offered?
- Is there an employee discount?
- Do you cover propane?
- Do you offer a laundry allowance?
- Do you consider your business to be family friendly?
- Have you ever hire Workampers® with kids?
- Are both parents required to work?
- Can you schedule opposite shifts with same days off?
- Can the kids use the on-site amenities?
- Are there any positions where the kids could heliport or come along during my shift?
- Is there work available for teens? What is the minimum age requirement?
- Is there a reduce (employee rate) for paid activities?