This website contains affiliate links, where I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
The Ultimate Guide to Discount RV Memberships for Full Time RV Living
You may be overwhelmed by the amount of RV memberships for discount RV camping and loyalty program points offered for RV travelers! I know I was!
There are so many options out there, that picking the right one to deliver cheap full time RV living is sometimes harder to do than you’d think.
Of course, you know I love Thousand Trails for the cheapest way to RV full-time while not Workamping With seasonal jobs, but there are so many others!
In this guide, we’ve compiled a few of the best options for discount and point based programs that you can rely on for great travel discounts.
Passport America is one of the best RV Memberships around. There are no hidden fees or additional costs when dealing with this membership program for RV travel! You can fully utilize your membership, as many times as you please within the window specified by your membership term.
One of the biggest benefits of this membership is the discount.
Passport America has participating parks all across the United States, Mexico, and Canada that offer 50% off the regular nightly rate- provide cheap RV living or RV camping, depending on what you’re looking for.
Benefits of joining Passport America include
- Access to the Passport America International Camping Directory,
- Monthly newsletter that keeps you in tune with updates for the RV and Camping world.
- Referral fees! For every new member you refer, you receive $10.00 from Passport America, and for every new campground, you receive $50.00.
Passport America offers multiple terms for membership.
Passport America has several choices regarding length of membership with their program. You can choose to enroll for 1 year or a whole lifetime- it’s completely your call!
- One year – $44.00
- Two years – $79.00
- Three years – $109.00
- Five years – $179.00
All of the above include 50% off nightly rates for RV camping with a Passport America Travel Card, FREE mobile applications, full website, and optional printed Camping Directory.
Passport America Lifetime Membership – $399.00
The Passport America Lifetime Membership option is a limited time offer! This Lifetime RV Membership comes with 50% off nightly rates at campsites with a Passport America Travel Card, Free mobile applications and websites, and Optional Printed Camping Directory, checks for referral commissions, and the best part of course, is never having to worry about renewing your membership ever again.
Personally, this is the best option for couples, singles and families looking to get the most bang for their buck while enjoying the FREEDOM of full time RV living.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Passport America Membership:
- What does my Passport America RV Discount Camping Card cover? Your Travel Card is how you get your discounts, so keep it close! It gives you the 50% off the regular nightly rates at hundreds of participating campgrounds, just make sure you call ahead to verify the discount and confirm the dates of your stay.
- How long can I stay at a Passport America participating campground with my discount rate? There is not a general rule to how long you can stay at Passport America campground. To verify this information, you will have to call the RV Park or campground you are interesting in and ask for their rules regarding the Passport America Membership Program. They will tell you exactly what is covered, restrictions, and the maximum length of stay.
- Does the discounted Passport America price include a full hook-up? Not necessarily! Not all of the RV Parks and campgrounds offer hook-ups. Some will offer accommodations such as water, sewer and/or electric, but it’s not guaranteed. Call ahead to make sure your planned park include the type of camping hook-up you’re looking for before booking the reservation
- Can I show up at a campsite and get my discount or do I have to make a reservation? This is also campground specific. Most of the campgrounds allow you to drive in and book a spot, if one is available and there are not limiting conditions that apply… Others recommend a reservation in order to assure you get a campsite and will receive your discounted rate. And some REQUIRE reservations, especially during peak seasons, and when they are almost at maximum capacity.
Good Sam Club
This is the Nation’s largest RV club and probably the most popular for RV travelers!
With this RV membership, you will enjoy numerous benefits while RVing. Probably the most well known, is that you can save 10% at all Good Sam Parks, and many more campgrounds.
The Good Sam Club Membership Includes
- You also, save 10% at the outdoor retailers like Camping World and Gander Outdoors, as well as free shipping.
- You save on fuel! So every time you fill up, you save 5 cents on gas and 8 cents on diesel fuel.
- You also get a 15% propane discount at Camping World.
- Lastly, you get free RV dump station privileges at Camping World.
This RV membership club has a crazy amount of savings and pretty much every full time RVer has one- because you can use it all across the country!
Good Sam Offers 3 RV Memberships.
- One year – $29.00 (sometimes you can get a buy 1 get 1 free deal!!!)
- Two years – $50.00 (you receive a $25 Merchandise Certificate)
- Three years – $75.00 (You receive a $50 Merchandise Certificate)
Good Sam Club Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where can I use my Good Sam Club RV membership? You can use your membership at Camping World, Gander Outdoors, Pilot & Flying J travel center locations, and all Good Sam RV Parks throughout the country.
- What if I sign up for a membership now but decide later that I no longer want to be a member? You will have your membership through the original terms you agreed upon, but don’t have to renew your membership if you find it’s not a great fir. One thing to be aware of is that once signed on, membership fees and periods are final.
- Does the Good Sam RV Club include Roadside Assistance or Travel Assist? No it does not. The club membership, Roadside Assistance, and Travel Assist are three individual programs that all require separate membership fees. Check their website for more information.
- Where can I use my Merchandise Certificates? You can use these certificates at Camping World, Gander Outdoors, and Overton’s.
Boondockers Welcome is a little different than the previously mentioned clubs. This club does not have campground incentives.
Instead this RV club is like the AirBnB of campgrounds. There are Hosts and Guests. You can be either or both.
- As a Host, you allow RVers to park their RV at your house/property. You give the details about your location – what size RV can fit, how many, rules, etc.
- As a guest, rather than searching for a campground, you search available Host locations. This is perfect for those going on a trip to somewhere that lacks in campground accommodations, campgrounds in the area are too pricey or you just like to switch things up with some cheap boondocking opportunities. You must have a “self-contained” RV to utilize this RV membership.
Benefits of Joining Boondockers Welcome
- You get unlimited stays as long as Hosts have availability.
- You also get many discounts, like 10% off registration for the RVillage Rally,
- a free RV Boondocking Guide,
- a 20% off membership to Harvest Hosts (which is below) and many other memberships,
- $5 off the RV Mobile Internet Aficionados, and many more.
Boondockers Welcome Membership Pricing:
- One year subscription: $30.00
- Three year subscription: $75.00
It is free to host and if you want to be a guest as well, you get half off subscription pricing!
Boondockers Welcome Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do Hosts charge a fee for you to stay on their property? No. Hosts cannot charge you to stay on property. Your membership pays for your stay.
- Do you need to book in advance? How far in advance? Many Hosts can accommodate short notice, or even same day reservation requests. But of course there are some who don’t. When you are looking at your Host’s profile, you will see their preferences. Some require you to request 2 to 3 days prior to your actual stay.
- What is a “self-contained” RV? This means an RV unit that allows the ‘full functions of living’. Meaning that you can sleep, eat, cook, bath, etc. all in the confinements of your RV. You must have a toilet, sink, and water holding tank. You will have to confirm that you have a self contained RV to qualify as a guest- prior to staying at a host property.
- Is tent camping allowed on a Host’s property? No. Only “self-contained” RV’s as stated above are allowed on host property.
Harvest Hosts Membership
Harvest Hosts is another RV club that allows hosts and guest to coexist for a unique RVing experience outside your traditional RV park of campground.
Harvest Hosts is an enormous network of farms, distilleries, breweries, wineries, etc… currently offering over 1,000 beautiful properties fro members to enjoy at each of these locations.
Rather than staying on a host’s personal property, or a campground for that matter, you are staying on business property (for the most part) where on site activities are not uncommon.
This is more similar to actual campgrounds, but the cost is exceptionally cheaper than one.
You do not have to pay for your stay. You just pay your yearly membership fee and the club asks that you support by buying one of the local products of your host at each stay. So even though you’re “paying” your host by buying product, you are also getting product out of it along with a unique experience.
Harvest Hosts Membership Pricing:
There are two membership options available for Harvest hosts membership.
- Classic Harvest Hosts – $79.00 yearly. It includes unlimited free overnight stays, access to over 863 campsites at wineries, breweries, farms, museums, and other attractions.
- Harvest Hosts + Golf Course – $119 yearly. It includes all of the above, plus access to golf courses and country clubs, increasing the number of campsites available to over 1,216, as well as access to the spa facilities and restaurants at these locations.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What types of vehicles are permitted to this club? All RV’s as long as they are self contained are permitted at Harvest Host locations. Types of units that are not allowed are tents, mini-vans, cars, trucks, and campers with tent pop-outs (soft sides).
- Do Hosts offer water, electricity, and sewer hook-ups? Not usually. The majority of Hosts do not supply hook-ups, but a few will have the ability to offer electricity and water.
- Can I use a generator? Yes you are allowed to use one , but you must be courteous to other guests and the Hosts. Discuss this with the host on arrival or when making your reservation.
- Can I arrive the same day without a reservation? No you cannot. Harvest Hosts requires that you at least call ahead and make arrangements with the Hosts prior to arrival.
Jellystone Parks RV Camping Membership
First of all this club is FREE! No membership fees and it’s easy to use.
The program is called Club yogi Rewards! Every time you stay at a Jellystone Park location in the United States or Canada, you receive Club Points. You also receive 5 Club Points for every dollar you spend on qualified purchases in a Jellystone Park on things like merchandise, food, and activities.
Over time, your points accumulate into free nights at these locations, or free Jellystone merchandise. Some other benefits of this membership are coupons on Yogi Bear merchandise, birthday gifts for your children, and periodic specials!
Frequently Asked Questions About Club Yogi Rewards!:
- What is a qualified purchase for 5 Club Points? Qualified purchases include accommodations at Jellystone Park locations – like tent sites, RV sites, cabin rentals, as well as gift store purchases. Of course, there are differing qualified dollars based on location. So make sure to clarify with the specific park you for details.
- How do I keep track of my Club Points? Once a member, you will receive periodic emails that give you a point balance, almost like your bank statement and you’ll have an online account where you can login and view your balance and redeem you points.
- How long does it take for Club Points to be active? Your points post to your account 10-14 business days after your check out or make a purchase.
- Do Club Points expire? No, they do not expire, but if your membership isn’t used for over 24 months, your account will be flagged as inactive.
KOA Value Kard Membership
KOA offers another loyalty membership.
You’ll receive 10% off your daily camping fees at KOA campgrounds throughout the country. And of course, you can build up reward points that turn into cash for any future stays.
This RV camping membership gives you access to thousands of coupons through their coupon savings program. They also offer a Value Kard Rewards Appreciation Weekend where you get a FREE night of camping, as an added benefit only for loyalty card members.
Lastly, you get exclusive rewards, offers, and discounts at partners of KOA. These partners include Geico, Goodyear Tires, RV Loan Center by Essex Credit, Allstate RV Roadhelp, Dish TV, and Route 66.
KOA Value Kard Membership Pricing:
The KOA Value Kard is just $30 for the full year.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can you get a multiyear subscription? No, KOA only does annual subscriptions, but you can get a free year if you reach 20,000 points (VIP Status)!
- Is there a way to earn extra points? Yes. And it is very simple. If you book your reservation online, you automatically get 250 extra points. If you stay with KOA on certain weekends, like Care Camps Big Weekend you earn 1,000 extra points. Check your membership details for any additional ways to earn extra points.
- What is a VIP status? You can reach VIP status when you collect 20,000 points. Once you reach it, you earn points 25% faster, get certain fees waived, like the $10 reservation cancellation fee, etc. And, as we stated above, you get a free membership for the next year.
- If I do not renew for a new year, will my unused points expire? Yes, they do expire. So make sure you either renew, or pay attention to your one year date and use all your points before the expiration period.
Happy Camper Membership Program
This is a discount club for RVers.
Another great way to accomplish cheap RV living. This club gives you up to 50% off of hundreds of RV parks. You will receive loads of free stuff, like the Online Camping Guide, the Online Trip Planner, and more.
You also get instant access to your membership card, which is a huge benefit because many RV clubs take between 3 and 10 business days to send you your membership card in the mail. With this club, you can start using your benefits right away!
There is also a great referral program. While this is a huge network of participating camping sites, it’s not the biggest out here. So in order to grow their network, Happy Camper will pay you $25.00 for every new park that you refer to them.
Happy Camper Membership Pricing:
- One year – $39.99
- Two years – $71.99
- Three years – $78.99 (This is a 3 for 2 seasonal sale!)
Happy Camper Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do all parks offer 50% off? No, but mostly all do. Almost all of the parks that have been contracted with Happy Camper are now offering 50% off.
- What is the refund policy if I want to cancel my membership? Unfortunately, this is an online service that offers digital products, so they do not have the ability to offer refunds. All sales are final, but you do not have to renew, if you find it’s not a good fit.
- Is the only way to pay for the membership online by card? No. You can also mail in your payment for membership. Check the website for mailing information.
Thousand Trail Camping Pass
Thousand Trails is perfect for RV camping.
This membership is pretty straight forward and is my favorite for cheap RV camping. You pay for a year long membership and you get free access to all the participating campgrounds inside the zones you choose during registration.
The Thousand Trails camping system has 5 zones – northeast, southeast, northwest, southwest, and midwest. There is also an added extension of campgrounds called the Trails Collection.
Camping Pass Membership Pricing:
- $585.00 for one zone
- $50 additional per extra zone
- $214 additional if you want to add the Trails Collection