This website contains affiliate links, where I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
I can’t be alone in my love of Farmer’s Markets! Finding new markets and discovering local crops are one of my very favorite parts of traveling! I’ll admit, sometimes you need a good trip to Walmart and sometimes I shop exclusively at the nearest grocery store, but the moment I step foot into the aesthetically pleasing parklike flow of a really good Farmer’s market- I never want to shop anywhere else!
Maybe this love of Farmer’s Markets first started when we live in Winter Park, Florida. Our twins were born here and they had probably one of my favorite markets to date! The town just came to life on those bright Saturday mornings, when your friendly farmers and neighborhood artisans eagerly displayed their wares for you to sample and buy at will. The kettle corn booth was always poppin’ (? ) and the local honey from beekeepers just around the way attracted the attention of national news media more than once! I just fell in love- so much so we started our own booth selling natural body scrubs that actually turned into one of our first small businesses- leading to a small boutique back in Georgia at a holistic center around the corner from where we purchased our very first home.
With that said, San Diego has about a million farmer’s markets, and there is at least one for each day of the week! Lucky me!
During our stay, we made a point to try to find as many markets as we could, and while we weren’t able to visit them all we’ve created this list of the ones we know of in hopes of conquering them all in our next trip to SoCal!
20 Farmer’s Markets in San Diego
- La Jolla Open Air Market @ Girard & Genter: Sundays from 9am-2pm
- La Mesa Village Farmer’s Market @ Spring St. & University: Fridays from 2pm -6pm
- Imperial Beach Market @ Seacoast Dr. & Pier Plaza: Fridays from 12-7
- Escondido @ Welk Resort: Mondays from 3pm-7pm
- Temecula/Old Town Farmer’s Market @ 6th & Front St: Saturdays from 8am-12:30pm
- Oceanside Morning Market @ Pier View Way & 30th St: Thursday from 9am-1pm
- Pacific Beach Market @ Bayard & Garnet: Tuesday from 2pm-7pm
- Seeds at City Urban Farm @ 16th & C St: Mondays from 10:30am-12:30pm
- Otay Ranch Market @ Birch Rd & Eastlake Blvd: Tuesday from 4pm-8pm
- Murrieta Farmer’s Market @ Village Walk Plaza: Sunday from 9am-1pm
- Pacific Beach Farmer’s Market @ Mission Blvd: Saturday from 8am-12pm
- Escondido Farmer’s Market @ Heritage Garden Park: Tuesday from 2:30pm-6pm
- Coronado Farmer’s Market @ 1st &B Ave: Tuesdays from 2:30-6pm
- Ocean Beach @ Newport Ave: Wednesdays from 4pm-7pm
- Valley Center @ Lilac Rd: Thursdays from 3pm-7pm
- Carlsbad Village @ State St & Carlsbad Village Dr: Wednesdays from 3pm-7pm
- Little Italy Market @ W. Cedar St: Saturdays from 8am-2pm
- Hillcrest Farmer’s Market @ Normal & Lincoln St: Sundays from 9am-2pm
- Scripps Ranch Market @ Spring Canyon Rd & Scripps Poway Pkwy: Saturdays from 10am-2pm
- Solana Beach Market @ S. Cedros Ave: Sundays from 12pm to 5pm